London and District Distress Centre
Distress Centre 519-667-6711 - Crisis Response Line 519-433-2023 - Seniors Helpline 519-667-6600
Need to talk?
We listen with heart. 519-667-6600
Who we are
The Senior’s HelpLine is a free and confidential, 24 hour-a-day telephone support for seniors and people who care for them. This service is funded in part by the United Way of Middlesex & London and City of London.
The Seniors HelpLine was launched in April 2002 in partnership with Project S.E.N.I.O.R. (Stop Elder Neglect In Our Region). Approximately 70% of calls received are from seniors over 80 years of age and the predominant reasons for calling are loneliness and the specific issues seniors face when trying to maintain their independence in the community. With increasing numbers of seniors living longer in their own homes, never before has there been a need so great for the Seniors HelpLine.
Who Can Call?
Senior’s can call the HelpLine at anytime, it is free! Age doesn't matter!
We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The Senior’s HelpLine is confidential and non- judgemental. We are here to listen and provide telephone support, resources and problem solving skills.
- you or someone you know is experiencing physical, emotional,
financial abuse or neglect
- you feel alone and are in need of a caring listener
- are in need help sorting out a problem
- require information on seniors' services in the community
- The Senior’s HelpLine is a free 24 hour telephone support line.
- The service is confidential and non judgmental.
- We accept that calls are made at the caller's initiative.
- We respond to callers with non-judgmental, empathetic listening and understanding.
- We refer callers to other service providers, when appropriate.
Website made possible by
- Jack and Barbara Hay Foundation of London